Speaking my mind for Carol’s eyes.
i just want to make you smile for nothing but to make you smile and thats pretty much how im always going to feel
Ralph Wiggum Comics
Pixels and Polaroids, 8-Bit Pixelated Characters in Polaroid Photos
Want Someone to Shut Up? There's a (Non-Lethal) Gun for That -
Japanese researchers have created a non-lethal gun that silences people up to 100 feet away.
Via Extreme Tech:
The gun has two purposes, according to the researchers: At its most basic, this gun could be used in libraries and other quiet spaces to stop people from speaking — but its second application is a lot more chilling.
The researchers were looking for a way to stop “louder, stronger” voices from saying more than their fair share in conversation. The paper reads: “We have to establish and obey rules for proper turn-taking when speaking. However, some people tend to lengthen their turns or deliberately interrupt other people when it is their turn in order to establish their presence rather than achieve more fruitful discussions. Furthermore, some people tend to jeer at speakers to invalidate their speech.” In other words, this speech-jamming gun was built to enforce “proper” conversations.
The gun works by using a directional mic to capture the offending voice and then rebroadcasting the audio back to them with directional speakers. The reported effect is similar to talking on the phone when there’s an echo. As we hear the delayed feedback our brains get jammed.
(Source: Future Journalism Project)
(Source: futurejournalismproject, via criminalwisdom)
I dont know what else to say but fuck……………
Im an idiot, you use your words perfectly….
Via Secret Oranges
Highlights of Nixon comments on marijuana:
- Jews and marijuana: “I see another thing in the news summary this morning about it. That’s a funny thing, every one of the bastards that are out for legalizing marijuana is Jewish. What the Christ is the matter with the Jews, Bob, what is the matter with them? I suppose it’s because most of them are psychiatrists …”
- Marijuana and the culture wars: “You see, homosexuality, dope, immorality in general. These are the enemies of strong societies. That’s why the Communists and the left-wingers are pushing the stuff, they’re trying to destroy us.”
- Marijuana compared to alcohol: marijuana consumers smoke “to get high” while “a person drinks to have fun.” Nixon also saw marijuana leading to loss of motivation and discipline but claimed: “At least with liquor I don’t lose motivation.”
- Marijuana and political dissent: “… radical demonstrators that were here … two weeks ago … They’re all on drugs, virtually all.”
- Drug education: “Enforce the law, you’ve got to scare them.”
Via Nixon Tapes Reveal Twisted Roots Of Marijuana Prohibition (hstl)